It is important to keep your orthodontic appliance clean. Plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth and around your brackets, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. You should brush your teeth after every meal and floss at least once a day.
You should also visit your orthodontist for regular checkups. During these appointments, your orthodontist will clean your teeth and check the progress of your treatment.
If you have orthodontic treatment with Invisalign, it’s important to keep your teeth and aligners clean. Here are five tips from orthodontists on how to do just that
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time, using a soft-bristled toothbrush. Be sure to brush around your gum line and under your wire
- Floss once a day, using orthodontic flossers or threaders to get between your teeth and under your wire
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash once a day
- Clean your aligners every day with soap and water, or use a specialInvisalign cleaning kit
- Visit your orthodontist regularly for check-ups and cleanings
Following these simple tips will help to keep your smile healthy and sparkling – and your orthodontic treatment on track!